**Below is our Health Guarantee and Spay/Neuter Contract, which is signed at puppy pick-up or delivery.
and Purchase Agreement
*All puppies have been raised in our home with continuous supervision. Prior to going to their new homes, all puppies will have been evaluated by our vet, had dew claws removed, tails docked, dewormed in 2 week intervals, and vaccinated on schedule. The health guarantee outlined in this contract will include life threatening congenital illnesses. Puppies will have AKC limited registration, unless otherwise agreed upon by seller. Any white puppies or puppies that do not meet the breed standard will ONLY be available for limited registration. Deposits are non-refundable and puppy must be paid in full by pick-up or delivery.
This contract is between Sergeant’s Boxers & Friends and
(Hereafter “Buyer”) and is entered on this date: ____________________.
Puppy Name: ______________________________________________________
Born on: __________________________Gender: _________________________
Sire Name: ________________________________________________________
Dame Name: _______________________________________________________
Final Payment: ______________________.
1. Sergeant’s Boxers guarantees that the puppy is in good health, has had its first round of immunizations, has been dewormed at appropriate intervals, and has had its tails docked and dew claws removed. The buyer has three business days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If, at this time, the puppy is found to have illnesses that are covered in this contract (congenital illness), the buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the seller, at buyer’s cost, for a partial refund of the initial puppy purchase price. The total refund amount will be at the seller’s discretion depending on the illness/condition. The buyer does have the option to select a different puppy from an upcoming litter instead of the refund, though the new puppy must be from a similarly priced litter or the difference will be paid by the buyer. The buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating the defect or illness. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days, the health warranty is void.
2. Sergeant’s Boxers provides this warranty for two years after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the seller within seven days of informing the seller of the defect. Sergeant’s Boxers requires that TWO unassociated veterinarians diagnose this puppy with the suspected disease or life-threatening defect prior to the return of the puppy, at the buyer’s expense. Both sets of records MUST be sent to the seller. If the congenital illness is a heart murmur, the two veterinarians MUST be certified Cardiologists. The murmur may not be graded or diagnosed by a general veterinarian.
If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from an unassociated veterinarian or Cardiologist (if the defect is a heart murmur), or without contacting the seller about the defect, the buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy or refund. The seller alone will ultimately make the determination about whether the puppy will be ethically euthanized AFTER the puppy has been returned and assessed by the seller and the seller’s veterinarian. If it is in the puppy’s best interest to euthanize, the puppy will be sent to TVMDL in College Station, Texas for necropsy.
3. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, bacterial infections, demodectic mange, scabies, allergies, hypoglycemia, kennel cough, parasites, Giardia or Coccidia. This guarantee does not include injuries, fleas, ticks, or ear mites. It also does not include uneven bites, undescended testicles, Grade I or II insignificant murmurs, inguinal or umbilical hernias. It does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
- Breeder does not guarantee puppy ears that have been cropped, as this is a personal and elective procedure and NOT a health issue.
-Heart murmurs- Large breed puppies, according to AKC, are at a much higher risk of having an insignificant puppy heart murmur which usually goes away by 6 months of age. This can be caused by the puppy’s rapid growth, dehydration, or many other things. Should your puppy develop a heart murmur within the first 6 months of age, this murmur is not covered under this warranty unless the heart murmur is found to meet several stipulations. 1) The murmur must still be present at the yearly check-up after reaching 1 year of age. 2) If the heart murmur is still present at 1 year of age, the murmur must then be graded by TWO unassociated Cardiologists. 3) If the murmur is graded as being greater than a Grade II by both Cardiologists, an Echocardiogram will then be required to be performed.
After the stipulations noted above and Echocardiogram are performed, this warranty will cover the heart murmur if the murmur is diagnosed as a grade III or higher AND the echocardiogram shows that the murmur will significantly decrease the puppy’s quality of life (per the Cardiologists best judgement). These records must all be sent to the seller for review by the seller and the seller’s veterinarian.
Should the warranty apply in regards to a high grade heart murmur, the buyer will be provided a partial refund or offered a replacement puppy. If the murmur is a Grade I or II, the warranty will NOT cover the murmur, as this is a minor heart murmur and will have minimal effect on the puppy’s overall quality of life.
4. We, Sergeant’s Boxers, will not be responsible for Parvo, Distemper, or Corona Virus after the puppy has left Sergeant’s Boxers, as these are highly contagious diseases and they can be contracted immediately after leaving the breeder.
5. If it is determined the puppy does have a genetic disorder that is identified within two years of purchase, the buyer has the option of a replacement puppy from the next, similar, available litter or partial refund (refund total will be at the seller’s discretion). Your puppy need not be returned to us provided there is documented support of the medical condition. If the buyer wishes a puppy from a higher valued litter, the buyer must pay the difference.
6. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 24 months of its date of purchase, a necropsy must be performed, at the buyer’s expense, by TVMDL in College Station, TX unless another site is discussed with seller and approved by seller. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason of the death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the buyer or a partial refund will be provided (amount refunded will be at seller’s discretion). The buyer must supply the seller with any and all documentation from the necropsy, including final report. The buyer must also send the seller all vet records from the time the puppy left Sergeant’s Boxer until the completion of the necropsy. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis.
7. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
8. This warranty is non-transferable.
9. Should this contract be broken in any way (Example: spay or neuter not completed in the required timeframe) this warranty will be voided with no exceptions.
*Limited Registration: Spay/Neuter:
1. All of our puppies will be sold on limited registration, unless otherwise agreed upon.
2. Puppies must be spayed or neutered by 12 months of age, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Documentation must be provided prior to the puppy’s 1 year birthday, otherwise the Buyer will pay a penalty for breach of contract. Fee of $200.
3. All white puppies will be sold on limited registration, spay/neuter contract ONLY!!!
4. If the puppy is ever bred, either accidentally or intentionally, the remaining
balance of $3000 is due immediately. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!
*Full Registration (Approved buyers only): Show/Breeding home:
1. Show prospect puppies must be shown to obtain titles. Either AKC, UKC, IABCA, or ICE dog shows before breeding.
2. Breeder will remain on as 1st co-owner on registration until contract is fulfilled.
3. Health testing prior to breeding will be performed, including 24hr Holter, DM, and ARVC.
4. Two return stud services are due back to the breeder at no cost for select show/breeding males.
-Breeder may also choose to take a puppy from a breeding, instead of the stud service.
5. On all breeding/show females, a puppy is owed back on 1st breeding.
6. Buyer must do all health testing PRIOR to breeding and puppy must not be bred until they are 2 years of age.
7. If dog is bred before obtaining titles and health testing, as well as before 2 years of
age, Buyer will pay a penalty for breach of contract. Fee of $3000.
1. The buyer agrees to pay Sergeant’s Boxers a total sum of
2. The buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the above animal, including transportation.
The risk of loss or injury to the above animal is on the buyer at all times after the dog leaves
3. The buyer agrees that the Boxer will be secured appropriately, i.e. fence, kennel/indoors, etc.
-The buyer agrees that the Boxer will never be “tied up” by any method including tree, post, or anything else. The buyer also agrees to provide the Boxer with the means for safe exercise.
4. Sergeant’s Boxers highly recommends feeding their Boxer only a premium quality food. (Not a
food sold in at a general grocery store). Our Boxers are fed Purina Pro Plan or Victor’s.
5. The buyer agrees to keep their Boxer at a healthy weight.
6. The buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their Boxer, keep all
immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical
Association, and properly administer heartworm preventative medication.
7. The Buyer shall provide the Boxer with adequate food, fresh water at all times, shelter,
affection, love and medical care, including all necessary immunization, and parasite control.
8. The Buyer shall provide the Boxer with veterinary care upon sickness, disease or injury.
9. The buyer agrees to contact Sergeants Boxers immediately if the buyer determines they are
unable to keep their Boxer for any reason. The buyer and Sergeant’s Boxers will determine how the dog will be rehomed. Sergeant’s Boxers has first right of refusal, should the buyer determine they are unable to keep their boxer.
10. The buyer agrees to never place the Boxer in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
11. The buyer shall provide a collar and identification tag for the dog to wear at all times when allowed to go outdoors.
12. The dog shall reside at the residence of the buyer. The Buyer agrees that, should there be a landlord, the landlord has approved to allow the buyer to have an animal reside with the buyer.
13. The buyer agrees that Sergeant’s Boxers is in no way liable or responsible for any damage, accident, or injury resulting from the dog.
14. The Buyer shall have 30 days from the date of sale to return the dog to Sergeant’s Boxers at the Buyer’s expense, excluding a major injury of the dog. No refund will be given.
15. If, during the course of the puppy’s life, the buyer cannot or does not wish to maintain proper care of this puppy, the Sergeant’s Boxers has the first right of refusal and/or will help place the puppy in an appropriate home.
As is it a stressful time for the puppy moving from our home to yours, I recommend you feed your puppy Purina Pro Plan-Puppy for the 1st month in their new home to help prevent diarrhea. To change foods, please follow these steps:
*1st day- All Purina Pro Plan
*2nd day- ¾ Purina Pro Plan and ¼ new food
*3rd day- ½ Purina Pro Plan and ½ new food
*4th day- ¼ Purina Pro Plan and ¾ new food
*5th day All new food
Cassie Jeffries & Luke Cunningham
5099 FM 978
Madisonville, Tx 77864
Breeder Signature: _______________________________ Date_________________________
Name: __________________ Phone Number: ___________________
Buyer Signature____________________________________Date: _______________________
**We would like to THANK YOU for choosing Sergeants Boxers. Please keep in touch, as we LOVE to see how your new family members grow from a young pup to a full grown Boxer!!